So this is my very first Tag blog post! I was very excited when I saw that Yasmin, from lipsiie3.blogspot.co.uk had taggedme. Yesterday I watched Lily Pebbles‘ YouTube video of her Beauty Scenario Tag,of which she created.
1. You have to get rid of all your foundations and you can only keep one high end and one drugstore, which do you keep?
This isn’t too difficult for me, as I tend to stick to foundations that I find work for me. The high end one would definitely be the Benefit hello flawless oxygen wow! as I have been using it so often recently – it’s perfect for my skin type and has a gorgeous finish. For the drugstore option, I would definitely say the Bourjois healthy mix serum – it feels just like a high end foundation on the skin and in my opinion, is worth the hype.
2. You go for an interview and the lady interviewing you has lipstick on her teeth. Do you approach the subject or ignore it completely?
I would probably end up not saying anything, as I would simply panic about ruining my chance of getting the job – even if she comes across friendly…
3. You’re not feeling yourself and need a pick me up. Which lipstick do you put on to make yourself feel beautiful?
As Lily said in her video, a red lipstick never fails to lift my spirits. A classic red will always do the trick – I love Lancôme l’absolu rouge lipstick in caprice. It really works at making you feel pretty!
4. You go back in time for a day to your teenage years, how would you do your hair and makeup differently?
I’ll go back to when I started wearing makeup, around aged 11-13 probably… I didn’t wear too much but I went overboard on things like concealer and mascara that it just didn’t look right. What would I change? I would wear less face makeup as I just didn’t need it, and learn how to do eye makeup properly! I didn’t do a lot with my hair, however I do remember attempting to give it more volume by just adding tons of hairspray until crispy… So I’d try and leave my hair alone in terms of styling to maintain it in better condition for when it really matters!
5. You ask your hairdresser for a shoulder length Pixie Lott hair cut, but they hear wrong and give you a pixi cut. Do you a) Smile, say thank you, leave and call your mum hysterical b) Cry in the chair and things get awkward or c) Complain to the manager and demand a refund.
C) Sort of, I would complain to someone but probably would only demand a refund if I actually had a bad experience with the hairdresser his/herself in terms conversation, attitude etc. Who knows maybe you’d get some vouchers or something out of it…!
6. Your friend surprises you with a 4 day city break and you have 1 hour to pack. Which ‘do it all’ palette do you pack in your makeup bag?
My Clarins the essentials palette. I am totally a neutrals girl, and this will take me from endless day to night looks. There are 10 shades, 8 shimmer and 2 matt. They are absolutely stunning and so easy to work with. Unfortunately it was limited edition over Christmas time, but if you somehow find one, my advice is definitely to get it!
7. Your house has been robbed, don’t worry everyone is safe, but your beauty stash has been raided. What’s the product you really hope is safe?
My Smashbox sheer focus tinted moisturiser. It has been discontinued, which I am so upset about as I just absolutely love it and really rely on it. It has the most beautiful finish and sits amazingly on the skin – doesn’t look or feel like makeup but evens out the skin tone without too much coverage. I’ve had it for a while and it lasts forever so I still have a lot left but know it’s as much as I can ever have! Smashbox, bring it back please!!
8. Your friend borrows your makeup and returns it in awful condition. Do you a) Just pretend you haven’t noticed b) Ask them to repurchase it or c) Secretly do the same to something of theirs
A) It would annoy me – as a beauty blogger my makeup is important to me, but I would hope that none of my friends would return it in really bad condition. I would query how it ended up that way though, just so they know I have noticed! Also I wouldn’t lend a lot of my makeup to a friend, like a whole makeup bags worth or anything, I would just worry, haha!
I hope you enjoyed this post, and let me know if you like this kind of thing!
Here are some lovely beauty bloggers that I tag!
If I haven’t tagged you, still do it if you’d like and let me know with a link in the comments! I’d love to read them. Remember to follow & comment so that I can see your answers! Thanks again for tagging me, Yasmin (lipsiie3.blogspot.com)